Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The State Fair 2010

I love the State Fair every year. For me it brings back memories of old. I did 4-H as a kid and loved every minute of it. I did horse and rabbit 4-H and competed at the state fair each year. Some of my favorite memories are showing my pony Rosy, and horse Tiggy when I got older. When I was young I never got to compete in halter (leading your horse around in a pattern) classes with Rosy because every year I would faint at the county fair and wouldn't qualify for the state fair, however we always competed in the riding classes. It was always a close contest between Shannon (one of my favorite 4-H friends!!) and I, but we definately represented our county well and would win every year. Tiggy was a wonderful horse but when he and I were in our halter class at the state fair I remember the judge coming around to give us a final pass over and Tiggy grabbed the clip board right out of her hand and started waving it around in the air. Naughty naughty horse but I think she thought it was funny and we ended up winning. I also loved showing my rabbits. I do have toot my own horn and say that I did win State grand champion rabbit showman a few times. What can I say, no one can throw a rabbit around like I can. ;-) One of my favorite rabbit showing experiences was when I was showing my rabbit Sammy. She was a mini rex which have incredibly soft velvety fur. Rabbits are somewhat disposable pets because they die like flies if they get hot or stressed out. Anyway, luckily she didn't die however she did get so stressed out that all of her hair fell out during the class. Not just molting and a few clumps fell out but all of the hair on her back, BALD!!! It was like I just grabbed hold and pulled off her toupee, I have never seen anything like it. She still had her hair on the sides so she looked like a funny old man. The judge didn't really know what to say about it but we still came out alright.
I just knew that Remy would love the fair. I have always loved animals and Remy shares this with me. As I have mentioned before all animals are puppies to Remy but he is starting to be able to remember the sounds that they make. We went to the fair with Shaun's Mom and Dad and it was so fun. Remy pretty much laughed this crazy laugh the whole time. He just couldn't believe all of the animals. His favorites were definately the cows and rabbits. Someone had their rabbit out and so graciously was letting kids pet it. Remy just about passed out with joy when he got to pet the rabbit. Remy also loved loved loved the food. I have always got the same things for years so of course I stuck with the plan and ate my funnel cake and gyro. Remy loved the funnel cake and sharing Daddy's rasberry lemonade.
You can see his greedy look in this picture thinking, Why do we need a picture, keep feeding me funnel cake.
Remy got so hyped up with all of the funnel cake, navajo taco, rasberry lemonade he was bouncing in his stroller and laughing constantly. Silly boy. He was so good.
Remy and Shaun have been really working outside a lot and having all sorts of fun.

Remy has enjoyed helping Shaun dig out grass around all of the trees and his very favorite is mowing the lawn.
One Night I was getting ready to put Remy in bed and Shaun was outside working on the trees and he came in and was like, Becky!!! Get Remy!!! hurry!!! I didn't know what was going on but much to my surprise he had caught a little toad in our yard. He said it just started hopping around and had been hiding by our tree. Remy thought it was the funniest thing he had ever seen to watch that little toad hopping around. We got a little cage from my Mom and I went and bought toady some little crickets. He was really cute and we kept him over night but I felt bad for him because he seemed to not like being in the house. He just was scooting farther and farther in his grass and wasn't eating the crickets so I let him go. Remy was sad that he had to go but I think he will get over it. Besides, I'm not really one for slimy pets. I am much better with pets with fur. Maybe a rabbit...

No comments: