Wednesday, December 9, 2009

the latest going-ons


Well it has been entirely to long since I have updated my blog. I was doing so well and than BAM!!! The holidays hit and everything went to heck in a handbasket. So here is our latest news.


Remy still comes to work with me; however, he is becoming quite the little mischief maker. He stays in my office as you have seen on my earlier blog but he is always on the lookout for naughty things he can do. The other day I forgot to shut the bathroom door in my office and my nurse heard Remy crying. She went to make sure he was ok and she didn't see him in the office so she went and looked in the bathroom and there he was.... he had tipped over the garbage and strewn it's contents all over, than he had gone over to the toilet paper and pulled all of the toilet paper off the roll. He had tipped over in his excitement and when Tess walked in he was rolled up in garbage and toilet paper. She was laughing so hard she could hardly help him up. Little naughty pants!!


Chappy is going through a mid-life crisis. I started picking up on this change when he started sucking on Remy's binkis. Than he really started getting aggressive with Remy. He would do his mean growl and bear his teeth at poor little Remy and I was beginning to think we may have to find Chappy a new home. I discussed this with my co-workers and mother and we all came to the same conclusion that Chappy is depressed. He sits at home by himself all day sleeping. Than when I come home at lunch I pretty much just let him outside and than after work we are all so busy getting food ready, Remy in bed that Chappy doesn't get any attention. He even stopped sleeping by me in bed, sure I was sleeping better because some hot little dog wasn't spooning with me all night but I knew that meant he was feeling deprived of the joys of life. I really don't want to get rid of him so I have been taking him to my Mom's house for "Doggy Daycare". He has been so happy lately. He and Jack (Mary's dog) have the best time going outside searching for security breaches and things. I'm so glad he is feeling better, sleeping by me again and not growling at Remy as much.


Remy has gotten another tooth. When I say it that way it sounds like it is something he does all of the time but really, he only has 3 teeth and now another one is showing through. He got his bottom two teeth the same week just as he turned six months. Next he got a top tooth at 9 months and today he got another top middle tooth at almost 11 months. Poor kid still has to eat mush because he can't chew anything.


Other than working and taking care of Remy we haven't been up to a whole lot until this week. Of course everything happens the same week. I have 5 christmas parties this week. two for work, one for church, one for relief society, and one ugly sweater party. I have to make various treats for these parties. Last night I made baklava for today's party. It is one of our favorites in our office so I make it. I seriously ate to much delicious food tonight at my office party. all of the appetizers and baklava, prime rib, and cheesecake that you could ever want. It was wonderful.


That is the update for us. Hopefully sometime this week I will get the Christmas tree up. WIth REmy crawling it may not stay up for long but I have to at least try.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

That is so cool you get to take the Remster with you! I think that is such a cool arrangement!

beckywestergard said...

I know I am so fortunate to be able to take him with me to work. Somedays are definately easier than others but I enjoy them all.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you were thinking about getting rid of Chap, poor little boy. I glad you seemed to have gotten things figured out with him. We will do our best to give Chap lots of love when he comes to visit us.