Saturday, July 10, 2010

A boy and his balloon

Remy loves so many things in life. Quite frankly it doesn't take much to get him excited but his favorite above all things are puppies and balloons. We went to Wingers Friday night and when he saw the balloons, well, to put it lightly he started screaming and basically tackled the seating hostess. She just laughed and asked if he wanted a balloon. Since he got that balloon he hasn't let it out of his site. He constantly carries it around, he even holds it while he eats. Every time he gets a balloon it is the same reaction. He keeps dragging them around till they are nothing but a small balloon raisin. He gets especially excited though when he has a new balloon that still floats. I spend a large majority of my day pulling it down from the ceiling because when it gets a rare slip out of his fist and floats away he goes around saying "uh oh!! uh oh!! uh oh!!!".

Remy also got introduced to fry sauce thanks to Aunt Mary. Remy usually doesn't like his food dipped into things. He will eat it and than pull it out of his mouth and throw it on the ground. That was not how it went with the fry sauce though. He really loved it. The silly boy got so consumed by the deliciousness of it he didn't even take time for a fry. He just kept dipping his finger in it and licked it off.

Today we went to a birthday party for one of my nephews. It was a swimming party at the Apple athletic club. Although getting into a swimsuit sounds about as exciting to me right now as getting kicked in the head, I knew Remy would love it and we definitely wanted to go to the party. He was such a natural little tadpole. He just loved it. He takes after his mommy I can tell. He was so brave that he would even let us throw him back and forth between Shaun and I. He would jump off the edge into our hands. It was fun and the only way that we could convince him to let us get out of the water is that luckily it was a birthday party and they had balloons to lure him out with. It was a fun day.


6 comments:

Shannon Dooley said...

Isn't getting kicked in the head the greatest? :) You crack me up girlie. Great way of putting it. I couldn't agree more. What a bad influence that Auntie Mar is, haha. I heart her.

Amanda said...

Ahhh, balloons! Zuzu hates balloons. I thought I would surprise my dad on his birthday, and I tied a balloon to her collar for her to deliver. She ran down the stairs to "get away" from the balloon tied to her, and it kept banging against the walls and it scared her! Now when she sees them she freaks out! I am glad Remy is a fish, next time we get together we should go swimming, I LOVE to swim!. Oh, and fry sauce is delish, even on fingers!

Laura W said...

This whole post made me laugh. I love the expressions on his little face! And the way you tell stories just makes me happy. :)

Unknown said...

Ha ha ha I loved the swimming suit comment! That's exactly how I feel. Remy's love for fry sauce reminds me of my sister Amy's! She loves it. Forget the fries! Did I mention she's 21? Funny girl.

The Sommer Family said...

I love to read your posts- so funny! That Remy is one adorable boy!It was fun to see you at the Reunion also. Hope your feeling good!

melbel said...

You really can tell what little Remy is thinking by his face, can't you?! So animated!