Saturday, July 10, 2010

Busy week!!

Big holidays are always fun and busy!! We had so many plans and things to do that it is almost hard to remember all what we did. I started the excitement off early by going to the Eclipse premiere with some friends. I do have to admit that I loved it!! It is fun going opening day because you have all of the excitement and people who really wanted to wait in line to go. It was funny because the first time that Jacob appears with his shirt off there was a lot of whistling and clapping from the audience. It was fun.

The next day we went to my 10 year high school reunion. It was definitely a hard pill to swallow that I have now been out of high school for 10 years. It was fun to see friends and get to see their little families and hear what they have been up to these past 10 years.

My sister and her family came up for the fourth of July weekend. We ate a lot of food, had Mary put on a glitter-toe party for the girls. We even played badminton which we are totally awesome at (cough cough). Our badminton consists of a hose on the ground for the net, rackets whose strings are held together with duck tape and birdies that look like they have been used as a nest for a small group of rats. It sure is not going to be considered for a special on ESPN anytime soon but we love to play. We are legends in our own minds and that is all that really matters isn't it?

Remy also got to go fishing for his first time up by the ranch. He loved it!!! I helped him reel in his fish and he was just screaming and laughing when he saw the fish jumping in the water and flopping on the ground. We went out in a little boat to get to a new crop of fish and Remy spent most of his time splashing in the water. I know, I know, I am a bad mother and didn't put Remy in a life-jacket. My mom kept yelling at us from the shore at how irresponsible we were and that we were sure to capsize the boat. To be fair, I am a good swimmer and the water is shallow enough that you can touch. Sure we would have been a little cold, and sure we would have been eating our words about how safe we are but whatever, we are rebels.


With all of the excitement Remy was so worn out!!! He really actually stayed awake the whole way home but he did also keep his blanky over his head. Sweet little boy :-)


Since we were all together we took the opportunity to take some family pictures. I will upload some of those later but here is one with the three little rebels. It is so hard to get them all looking at the camera and not trying to bail off of the swing. This was the best picture I could get. I also included one of Remy's individual pics.

1 comment:

melbel said...

REBELS! I haven't heard that in a LONG time! Brings back memories. :)