Friday, February 4, 2011

Our daily activities

Boy time goes by so fast!! It is hard to believe but Grayson is already 5 weeks old. It has been so fun to watch him grow and change every day. He is starting to get chubby little cheeks and has also started making some noises other than crying. I love it when they start to coo. He also is starting to get very feisty and likes to be awake looking at various things. Luckily for him Remy is a wild boy who loves to run around and keeps him entertained. It is so sweet because he loves to look at toys and I put them close enough he can try to hit them with his arm which is very exciting for him.

Here is Ol' Remy doing one of his favorite activities, making dough. We got him this little mudpie kitchen for Christmas and he has been pretty much been playing with it since. It is amazing how observant he is. He will make his dough, scrape off the beater with a spoon and "taste" the dough. He will also bring the bowl over for us to taste and say yummy. His favorite days are when I will make real dough with him in my mixer. All of this dough making is not helping with my post pregnancy weight loss though.

Another of Remy's favorite activities has been helping Daddy with his dirt bike. He will go out in the garage with Shaun to work on it when the weather is warm. Lately he has been watching motocross with Shaun because it is to cold to stay in the garage. Remy thought it was so funny when Shaun let him wear his helmet.

A funny thing that Remy has started doing the past couple of months is whenever he goes to bed we have to put his puppies and gator on him just like this. He will laugh and laugh while we are doing it and he will go right to sleep. He even sleeps most of the night in this position. What can I say my boy loves puppies.

Mommy and Remy just getting a closeup. I was nervous that when I had Grayson that Remy wouldn't be a Mommy's boy anymore. The first day we got home from the hospital Shaun had to run out for about 20 minutes and I said I would be ok. He no longer left and Remy started freaking out. He was crying and throwing himself on the ground and I would try to pick him up but he would just hit me and scream more. I didn't know what to do and of course having just had a baby 2 days previously I was basically a crying mess. Luckily Grayson was sleeping. I just grabbed Remy in a sumo wrestler type of hold and held him and just kept saying "I love you Remy, I love you Remy" until he settled down. i got his blanky and binky and held him until Shaun got home. Poor Shaun walked in and saw that Remy had obviously been crying, I was crying, Chappy was freaking out. He wondered what on earth had happened in the 20 minutes he had been gone. Since that incident Remy has been really great. He loves his little baby brother and calls him "baby bun" because we call Grayson little bun.

Speaking of baby bun here he is just hanging out in his usual position on the couch just observing the craziness that goes on.

Here is Remy modeling the cute owl hat that my sister gave him for his birthday. I love how he is holding his little gun as well he looks like an outdoors man.

Grayson just admiring how cool his big brother is. He is so sweet he is even starting to smile a little bit. Not tons but he is smiling more each day. He is such a cute and sweet little boy


Remy hasn't ever been one to watch tv because we are always at work and he just doesn't get a chance. While I've been on maternity leave we have started watching a little tv. I tried all sorts of cartoon shows and he would kind of watch them but just keep walking in and out of the living room not really paying attention. That is until one day I turned on the tv and Paula Deen was on. She was making all sorts of cakes and cookies and scones. Remy was entranced and watched her show for an hour!!! He even drug a stool in to watch as close as he could. He would say "dough, dough, yummy!!!" the whole time. It was sweet. If only I had known this earlier I would have saved myself those cheesy cartoons. Who knows, maybe Remy is an aspiring chef.

2 comments:

Shannon Dooley said...

Cute, cute & cute! Chandler has us bury him every night under pillows and stuffed animals before he'll fall asleep too. Silly boys. I'll be in the office Thurs. I'm not sure if you're back to work but if you are, hopefully I'll see ya.

The Sommer Family said...

Greyson is so adorable- just like his big brother! How fun- I can't wait to meet him. My kids love the cooking shows too!