Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Grayson's first two weeks

Being a brand new baby would be such a crazy thing. I just can't imagine all of the things that they are hearing, seeing, tasting, feeling all for the first time. There is no question in my mind that this sensory over-load is why newborns sleep so much. Here are a few of Grayson's first moments during his first two weeks. Above you see he has just gone for his first car ride and first time to our home.
Once we got him out of his car seat Shaun wanted to introduce him to the couch and the position that he would be spending a lot of time in with his daddy watching football and motocross races.
This is his designated seat on the couch in his boppy with his 20 blankets surrounding him in case he looks like he might be getting cold. He is just so tiny!! His little outfit is one of my favorites in this picture and I wanted him to come home from the hospital in it. Shaun isn't the biggest fan of this outfit. He says that it makes Grayson look like the "gingerbread man" whatever it is cute.
Than we took Grayson into his room and Remy made sure to check that he was liking things ok.
Grayson slept almost all day and night for the first couple of days just waking up for feeding times. After a few days home I decided it was high time for a bath. He isn't much of a spitter so he really has stayed pretty clean. Of course this isn't his first bath since he had that in the hospital. I also rinse his bum in the sink a couple of times a day so he doesn't get diaper rash. He is laying in his bed waiting for me to get the water all ready and warm.
Here Grayson is on his little bath sling getting a bath. As you can see it wasn't his favorite thing that we have done. He pretty much cried the whole time until I was rinsing him with the squirter. He also liked getting his head washed because I had him all bundled up in a giant towel.
This is the post bath grumpy face. He was not overly thrilled to have gotten his bath but I put him right into his sleepy sack and he liked that. It is heaven!! It is warm like a blanket but his little legs aren't being confined in leg holes he can just kick around as much as he likes.
I tried to take some cute pictures of Grayson but my skills are not very good. I will put some of my pictures up in a later post. A friend in my ward also offered to take some pictures of Grayson and I will post those later. She did an amazing job and the pictures are beautiful. This is one of the ones I took that actually had Remy in it. There were others that Remy was a blur just running past but this one he actually stopped to give Grayson a kiss. Remy loves to give Grayson kisses and put his binky in his mouth.
Chappy even stopped to check things out. He is very protective of Grayson and is always lurking around nervously trying to keep intruders away from Grayson. When I say intruder I should also mention that to Chappy the main intruder is Remy. The reason that Grayson is crying in the picture is because Chappy decided to give him a kiss as well and he was getting sick of all of the attention.
Remy is funny and likes to stop to check on Grayson. He will sit next to him and start talking like he is telling him something important. I thought this picture was cute even though it is orange because it looks like Remy is talking and Grayson is listening closely.
Remy showing his gymnastic skills to Grayson. I mean really what is a boy who doesn't know how to stand on his big wheel and jump off daredevil style?
To wind up Grayson's first two weeks he went on his first "man" outing. Unfortunately as he soon found out that meant going to see Grandpa at the office and getting a circumcision. Luckily that is a one time "initiation" type of outing. Remy got to come along as well and was glad that he had already been "initiated".
Grayson's 2 week stats:
Weight: 7 pounds 2 ounces, 12%
Height: 20.5 inches, 46%
head: 14 inches, 22%

2 comments:

Shannon Dooley said...

He is just beautiful Becky. I just want to kiss his cheeks!! Remy must be taking this "big" brother thing to heart because he is growing like a weed! You have a gorgeous family. So happy for you!

Laura W said...

Your blog always makes me laugh. I can just hear your voice talking. :) Your boys are SO adorable. Doesn't Remy just seem like a giant now?? Everybody tells you that, but I wasn't prepared for how big Ari seemed when we brought Bree home. Her hands seemed so big all of a sudden!! :) Congrats to you guys.