Thursday, January 21, 2010

My how the time flies

I once again find that I have been slacking on my blog and not been keeping up on Remy-isms. These past couple of weeks have been really busy. My parents have been out of town at their medical meeting so I have been holding down the fort at work with Molly. It makes for a busy week because besides seeing my own patients I am also seeing and answering questions for my Dad's patients for the week. But even with this little hitch in the giddy-up I have actually gotten quite a few things done. Last Thursday I cleaned out the "pit of death" bedroom that we just tend to throw all of our junk in. I beadazzled my pants. For those of you who are wondering what in the world that is, I added Rhinestones to the pockets. Apparently it is all the rage in jean fashion (who knew!!!). I even got my tires rotated, new windshield wipers and had my headlight fixed. Today I also did some laundry and cleaned out the pantry.

Today I also took Remy to his 1 year appointment. He is tall and skinny just like we expected. He was 22 pounds 3 ounces (42%), 31.5 inches tall (96%), and head was 18.1 inches (69%). I was so proud of Remy because today we actually passed all of the development questions that they had for us. I am not a failure of a mom this time!!! Wahoo. we have been working so hard doing patty-cake, saying Mommy, Daddy, Chappy, drinking from a cup, eating some normal food, cruisng furniture. For those of you who didn't know or don't remember, it seems like everytime I take Remy to the Doctor they ask me what all he can do or say and we are always a little behind. So this time was bound to be different.

Remy actually has made a ton of progress over the past month. It is amazing how much they can grow in just a few days. He loves to walk behind his walker, give his toys to Chappy to chew on (naughty naughty), the other toys he throws down the stairs, and my favorite he has been saying ma-ma. Saturday when I came out of the shower he saw me, crawled down the hall kneeled and put his arms up and said "Ma Ma" I seriously almost melted right there on the spot. I think I even let out a little tear. He loves his daddy and is always saying Da Da. When Shaun gets home he screams with delight and claps his hands. they love to wrestle, well pretend to wrestle at this point. Remy has really started to like looking at books. He likes his books that have fuzzy things to feel and his favorite bedtime book is "cowboy baby". He wants me to read/sing it like 3 times before he will go to sleep. I have tried other books he usually pushes them away and grabs Cowboy baby again. He is so sweet and such a blessing to our lives. I have some really cute bathtime pictures to post later. He loves his baths and crawls around like a little crazy pants in the water playing with all of his toys. So sweet. I'll post those later.

3 comments:

Ashleey Rayback said...

I wanna see the jeans!

Anonymous said...

I like it Beck, that little boy is so cute.

beckywestergard said...

seriously, they are awesome. I'll take a pic and post it