Thursday, January 7, 2010

Remy's 1st hair cut

Here they are, the pictures you have all been waiting for. Remy's 1st hair cut. Remy will be 1 year on the 16th. I originally wanted to wait for his birthday to cut his cute curls but he was becoming somewhat of a rag-a-muffin so I decided New Year's eve was the time. My sister-in-law Colette is a hairdresser (she is totally awesome too!!) and so I asked if she wouldn't mind cutting Remy's hair. This first picture is us at the salon getting Remy in the chair. At first he was very excited to be in the spinny chair.

As you can see his concern really began to grow when he had to wear the cape. I also must add that the naughty did not nap at all that day so he was slightly grumpy to begin with.

Once Colette started with the clippers poor little Remy freaked out and started crying hysterically. He was also doing the gator roll. You see him mid roll in this picture. Colette is amazing at cutting hair during a gator roll and it actually is very even and strait. I couldn't have done that well if he had been sitting still. I did want her to leave the combover though. I just wasn't ready to get rid of all of the rag-a-muffinness.

Here we are after the cut. Remy wasn't exactly wanting to me to hold him at this point since I had been holding him down for the entire cut. But he looks so cute!! He does look older which I knew he would but I love the hair cut. Maybe next time we will cut the combover. Baby steps :-)
The other funny thing that happened this week is that Remy has been quite the rebel about going down for naps. It isn't that he doesn't want to he is just to excited about standing up in his crib. So I usually put him down, let him cry for a few minutes than go and lay him down again so he will fall asleep. Monday at work after lunch I put Remy in his crib in my office. He was so tired he could hardly stand it so I knew he would not make it long. I went and saw one patient and came back into my office to find him sitting in the corner in his crib, blanky pulled up under his chin and his head drooping down because he was asleep. The poor kid!!! he doesn't know how to get laying back down once he stands up so he has been falling asleep sitting. He gets that from his Grandpa Isbell, they can fall asleep anywhere in any position :-)

2 comments:

Ashleey Rayback said...

Ahhh...falling asleep sitting up. That's so sad...and cute...and funny.

Anonymous said...

he's so cute, we are excited for the party