Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Fab Four

Considering that we are right in the middle of March Madness I decided that we would have our own Final Four. The four things that Remy would rather eat than anything else in the world. Each of these things create such delight to Remy he can hardly stand it. So in no particular order here they are.
Nutrigrain bars: It doesn't matter the flavor, brand, or age he will eat it. He would eat about 6 a day of these but I have limited him down to two. One in the morning and one in the evening. He gets so excited when I say, "Would you like a granola bar?" he runs to his drawer in the kitchen and pulls it out so I can put the cookie sheet on it for his little table. With each mouth watering bite he looks up at me with his big brown eyes and says "MMMMMMMM!!!" He will even eat the old hard crusty pieces that fell into the drawer the day before.
Cheese: Remy has the same affection and reaction when I ask him if he wants a piece of cheese. This also includes anything cheese flavored like Mac and Cheese or Goldfish crackers. He can even say cheese. In fact all food to Remy is cheese, it is just a matter of figuring out which cheese he is talking about.
Milk: who doesn't love a big glass of milk with cheese and granola bars?
And Last but certainly not least-- Probably his favorite among all of the others Rice and refried beans: Remy loves loves loves going to Puerto Vallarta's for rice and beans. He loves everything about Puertos. The second we drive in the parking lot he starts laughing and screaming with glee in the car. As soon as we walk in the door he starts dancing to the jolly music. Once the Rice and beans come out, I literally cannot shovel them into his mouth fast enough. He will eat all of my rice and beans, I don't even get one bite. I have to feel his tummy while I am feeding him to make sure he doesn't get to full becuase he will just keep eating until he is sick. His little tummy gets really big and bloated. It's hilarious, I should have taken a picture of his fat little belly after the beans. I have included a picture of him below with his favorite rice and beans. Luckily Shaun and I also love this restaurant and it's delicious chips and salsa.


The other day Remy was being kind of a rebel after work. (probably after eating rice and beans so he had some gas and was crabby). He just wouldn't quit whining. I eventually just sat on the couch to let him work it out. As I was sitting there relaxing, ok closing my eyelids I noticed that Remy was being soooo quiet and good. Being a parent you would understand that quiet and good don't usually go in the same sentence. I looked over and this is what I found. The little naughty had grabbed the kleenex box and was joyfully pulling out as many as he could before I caught him. What a rebel.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that picture of him by the cleanex box, what a cute little boy, you should add chappy chips to his list of favorite things to eat too :)

Amanda said...

Who doesn't love Nutragrain bars, cheese, and milk! I sure do! In fact, as I was reading I swear my stomach said "Hello!" He is SOOOOO cute!!!