Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Shaun's birthday

We recently celebrated Shaun's big 31st birthday. It was very fun and I have to admit that I was quite the sneaky planner in all of this. If you know Shaun at all he starts talking about his birthday and what he wants the day after Christmas. He is that excited about it. He than will proceed to celebrate it for the entire month of March. I don't know if this year snuck up on him or if he just really didn't know what he wanted but I could not get any ideas from him for birthday presents or party ideas. So I ventured onto planning the festivities by myself.

Shaun and I have been married for 7 1/2 years now and we have never stayed in a theme type of hotel. We have traveled all over but we have never actually just spent the night in a fun hotel. I decided to book a room at the Destinations inn in the Hawaii room. I arranged to drop Remy and Chappy off at the grandparents so Shaun and I could go to dinner and than surprise Shaun with the room. He was so surprised!! It was really fun.

We ate at Johnny Carinos and than went to the Hotel. It was fun because they have cheesecake and sparkling cider ready for you in the room when you get there. The room as seen below was really cool and luxurious with a big bathtub that has lights and bubbles. The Tv is a 8 foot screen that drops down. And the room has a little fountain and mood lighting. It was great. Than they deliver your breakfast and leave it out in the hall for you in the morning. So fun. We have decided to make it a tradition. I totally recommend this to anyone that just needs a get away.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That missage(spelling) chair looks that made the whole thing worth it.

Amanda said...

I missed you online the other day! Wish Shaun a happy birthday for me! We need to somehow come and stay overnight at your guy's house again! That was so fun when we did that!!!

Unknown said...

Don't you just love Destinations? We stayed in the Venice room once and it was a blast! Glad Shaun had a good birthday!

The Sommer Family said...

So glad I found your blog! Even though we live 5 min from each other we never get to see you! We still need to get together to play Rockband. I love the Remmy and Chappy pictures and stories- so cute!