Friday, March 18, 2011

Our crazy yet wonderful life

Having grown up with 4 sisters I was very nervous about raising children from the moment I found out Remy was a boy. I didn't know what I was going to do with a little boy and all of the craziness that comes with them. I have to admit though, I love my boys!!! Boys are just so different from girls right from the get go. They do things that girls wouldn't ever dream of but that is part of what makes them so much fun. I am also told that they are not nearly as dramatic as they get older. I guess only time will tell with that one. I really enjoy having my little Mommas boys and of course they are very much so Daddy's boys too.

Since I am not very good at actually writing in my blog I have been trying to keep a list of the funny things these two sweet little boys do. Remy has really started talking a lot more than he used to. Now don't get me wrong he has always been a gibber jabberer but he is actually starting to be more understandable and put words and phrases together that actually make sense. I think a lot of this is from going to the babysitters during the day and talking with other kids and Ali. Some of the things he will tell me now are "Grayson Handsome!!", "Remy Handsome", "no now!!", "thanks", "It broken", "go to Granny's house", "treat" "It's Daddy's (or Mommy's, and recently Memy's(Remy), "Baby kying (crying)", "baby stinky", "It (was) Grayson". He says a lot more things in longer sentences (2-5 words) but these are the phrases he says all of the time. He is already starting to blame Grayson and Chappy for things, I'm in trouble with that one. He will also ask for various food items and straws for his cup. He is very demanding that you get things right and will continue to tell you what he wants until you just understand and do it.


I am very nervous about choking so if Remy ever looks like he might be having a hard time swallowing I'll pat him on the back and say "are you ok?" He has picked this up and anytime he can he will come up to me, Shaun, Grayson, or Chappy and pat us on the back and ask "you ok?" It is really sweet. He is also calling Chappy by his name rather than Puppy D like he used to. It is funny that one day they just can say a word perfectly. He has the cheesiest laugh ever. It seriously is really deep and almost sounds like it is fake. It is a big Ha,ha,ha type of belly laugh. People will ask if he is just faking his laugh but nope, that is how he laughs. He also will get a serious voice sometimes and talk in a deep more quiet and serious type of tone. He loves it when Shaun stands him up on his chest and swings him down between his legs. He is starting to want to jump off of things. He likes to climb on things like stools, boxes, couches and he counts to three and than jumps off. He used to just say "day, day, day" but now he actually does count one, two, three. He also says ready, aim, fire. Remy also likes you to chase him around so he will run up to you and say "I get you" and than run away because he wants us to get him.

Here are Grayson and Chappy taking a mid-afternoon nap. Chappy is very protective of Grayson so he likes to stay close to him. Of course he likes to be covered with blankets and sat there rooting around trying to get under the blanket as best he could. Poor little Grayson was flopping around while Chappy was rooting around under that blanket. I tried to help him get under but I wasn't doing it just right so he continued to root until he was in there nice and snug.

Grayson is such a busy body and is always very excited to see the world. He has the biggest eyes and always wants to be sitting up or standing so he can see around. Sometimes he gets so excited with all of the things to look at he will wave his head back and forth trying to take it all in. He is also becoming quite the smiler and cooer. He will talk up a storm to me when I'm changing his diaper or holding him so he can stand and look at me. He likes to look at himself in the mirror, probably because he is so handsome :-). I wish I had a more updated picture of him but unfortunately my camera broke 2 days before his baby blessing so I haven't taken any pictures of him lately. Don't worry, I am getting a new camera so you can all be updated. ;-)
Grayson also really loves his mobile in his crib or swing. He will sit there and watch it go around and if it stops he will cry so you come and turn it on again. He is getting more alert and likes to play with his toys in his little chair. He bats his arms around furiously knocking those little toys too and fro. He than will let out a big coo that sounds like a sigh of being so busy.
Grayson is definitely all boy, I have never heard anyone toot like Grayson can. He seriously sounds like a whoopee cushion sometimes. Especially if I eat something greasy like Johnny Carinos or Puerto Vallarta for lunch or dinner. All in all he is a very sweet baby.

Remy is very much like his parents and likes to be outside all of the time. It doesn't matter what time of day, what the temperature is, or if he is wearing any clothes. If that door is slightly open he is outside before you know it. He is also very hard to get in. When he is outside he likes to throw rocks in the window wells of course, that has been his favorite for a while. He likes to follow Chappy around the yard. Chappy tries to run away from him or scamper around Remy which Remy thinks is just the most hilarious thing he has ever seen. Chappy has some vole holes in the back corner that he likes to go check on. He has dug some perfect Chappy head size holes and he will sit there with his head up to his ears (so he can still hear intruders above ground) snorting around in the dirt. Remy likes to go up next to him and pat him on the back and say, "Chappy ok?" and than laughs that Chappy has his head in a hole. Yep Remy and Chappy are good friends sometimes in fact Remy is even trying to be more like Chappy. He loves to eat Chappy's food. It is a race to see whether Chappy can eat his food fast enough before Remy reaches in the bowl and eats handfuls of food. He calls it his "snack" and is always trying to get into the closet where I keep the dog food. Could be worse I suppose.
In the picture above at least he was wearing his pajamas. One time he snuck out with Shaun there and he only had on a diaper, one sock and no coat. It was freezing that day and the wind was blowing. Shaun kept saying come in Remy it's cold. Remy was standing there shaking because he was so cold saying, "outside not cold, not cold Daddy".

I know you are thinking this is the longest blog ever but I have been trying to keep track of everything these silly boys do. One day I was getting Remy up from his nap and he was like "mommy here, here Mommy" and was trying to hand me something very important. I reached out my hand to see what was so important that he had saved it his whole nap time. It was a giant booger. Oh just what I wanted, a big crusty leftover booger. Some days he likes to wait until the most inopportune time to put his finger up my nose and say, "it stuck mommy" I reply so sweetly of course "get your finger out of my nose it isn't stuck". Silly boy.
He loves to go to play with his "friends" and "ball" at the babysitters house. When I picked him up one afternoon Ali told me that Remy was very sweet and liked one of the girls. They were hugging and would kiss each other all day. She said she was starting to wonder if she should break it up. This week on my day off I was clearly not fun enough for Remy so he wanted to go to Granny's house. He put on my high heels and grabbed my purse and said, "granny's house, bye!!" and was trying to leave. I of course got this on video to whip out at a later date. Like if he brings over a girl to our house. Muh hahahah (evil laugh)
Shaun recently turned the big 32 and on his birthday I decided that it would be a good day to try Remy in his big boy bed again. Our last attempt was before Grayson was born and it didn't go so well. Remy is 26 months now and I decided to try again. I didn't just switch him to a bed I just took the side off of his crib and left the bumper pad in place. He slept like a champ!! I was so proud of him and he has slept in it like that a few times since. I have only had him do it for nap time because I don't want him to get confused and roll out during the night. Hopefully before long he will be done with that crib so Grayson can have his turn in it. Remy is getting really good at wanting to sit on the toilet to "poop". He doesn't actually go to the bathroom but he sits on the toilet and clenches his fist and gives her the ol' push. It's hilarious because he turns all red faced and will be so proud of himself. Then he will unroll some toilet paper and throw it in the toilet. Well now that I have probably gotten most of you to sleep with my rambling I will call it good for the day. Hope you enjoyed!!

3 comments:

Shannon Dooley said...

I want to hear his man laugh! How funny! The picture of Chappy snuggled up under the blankets next to Grayson is priceless! What a sweet puppy. Remy has the prettiest eyes ever! What beautiful kids you guys grow! :-) Chandler used to do the ole push a roo when he was potty training too. Doesn't it just crack you up?

beckywestergard said...

I will have to record the man laugh because it is funny. That's awesome Chandler did the push-a-roo. It makes me laugh everytime

Shannon Dooley said...

I'm just dropping in to nag you & tell you it's time for a blog update! I miss your cute posts! Do you think just cuz it's summer you're off the hook? I'm here to tell you NO. ;-)