Sunday, January 16, 2011

Christmas!!

Christmas 2010
Here I am in all my glory, 9 months pregnant and ready to burst at any time. My whole family was totally convinced that I was going to go into labor during the night and call them Christmas morning to say "sorry stop opening presents I'm having a baby". Luckily for Grayson that didn't happen.

Christmas is such a wonderful time of year!! This year has been unusually busy with being due in the end of December but it is still fun none-the-less. I got my Christmas present a little early, my lovely rocking chair as seen below. I have used it so much and love it!!. I also gave Shaun his present early as well, some handle bars for his dirt bike. I love the decorations, food, family and fun!! This year I decided to keep the Christmas tree in the basement since Grayson was due right after Christmas. Remy and I did decorate it and hang our stockings though. Remy's idea of helping to decorate the tree of course is to take off the Christmas balls, throw them and put whatever else he can find in the tree. I kept finding all sorts of balloons, a golf club, some soup cans, garbage, etc.


My sister and her family comes up for Christmas every year. We ate a delicious prime rib dinner with my family and than went to Shaun's family Christmas eve party at Curtis and Colette's house. After all of the delicious food we were ready to head home and get ready for Santa to come. Every Christmas eve we have started a tradition to open a couple of presents. Mainly some pajamas and a Christmas ornament so down in the basement we went. We had been excited for Christmas because Remy is finally old enough to know how to open presents. We had him open his pajamas first. He really didn't get very excited... instead he ran over and started playing with the food storage. He loves to organize and reorganize the food storage. Unfortunately it was bedtime and I wanted him to finish opening his presents before bed so we would be ready to go to my parents first thing in the morning.


I wound up helping him open his presents by holding him hostage on my lap so he couldn't run back to the food storage. He did end up loving his little tractor that I got him. They seriously make the coolest kids toys now.

You can see Chappy here trying to see what Remy is opening. Chappy loves opening presents and Christmas. I got him some special little bones and a stuffed duck to play with. He will nose open the paper and help you open things. It is really cute.

Christmas morning we got up and headed over to my parents house. I was hoping that with watching everyone opening presents Remy would be more excited about his presents. He did in fact open one present and than played with it the whole morning while we all opened presents. He would run to Shaun every now and then to help hand out presents but he didn't want to open any more of his own. I took all of the unopened presents home and he had a great old time opening one every few days. It was like Christmas for a couple of weeks.
After Christmas at my parents house we went home and took a nap. Christmas just isn't the same without a good nap. We than went to Shaun's parents house for their family Christmas get together. We had dinner and than opened presents. I forgot my camera so I didn't get any pictures of it but it was very nice to have all of the families together.

2 comments:

Shannon Dooley said...

You are the cutest pregnant chic ever! And if that chair goes missing do not look for it at my house. :) I hope that sweet baby comes soon!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Beckaroo, I have some pictures from the Christmas right here. you can hyperlink it to your blog if you want for all your fans enjoyment
http://pohnpeanguru.blogspot.com/2011/01/christmas-2010-or-fiasco-of-fun-2010.html