Friday, January 14, 2011

Remy at 21 months

October 2010
Remy is such a sweet boy. Most days he is the sweetest calmest little boy but he is definitely heading into the terrible two's. Of course that has been happening for the last few months. I think they just call them the terrible two's because that is like halfway through the crazy stage. I wanted to take some time and write down some of the things that Remy is doing at this age. I have written down some of my favorite things so I hope you enjoy. We are not the best at taking formal pictures of our family so we decided that this fall was the time. I love fall pictures because of the colors and sweaters. Fall has always been one of my favorite seasons. Shaun is a wonderful photographer so he took these pictures for us one afternoon, there were so many but these are some of my favorites.
One evening it was nearing bedtime and Remy was cuddling with me on the couch. He looked up at me with his big brown eyes and said "I dub(love) you". I think I almost started crying on the spot and it wasn't just the pregnancy hormones. How sweet it was to hear those words come out of his mouth. Shaun and I both say "I love you" to him and each other a ton so I am surprised that it has taken him so long to say it. He also has only said it the one time but it was wonderful none the less. When asked who loves him he will say Mommy!!! He loves to cuddle and have books read to him. He is starting to put 2-3 words together but mostly it is one word commands and alot of it sounds like puppy or ball with subtle variations.

In preparation for the baby we have been trying to move Remy into a big boy bed. He isn't quite 2 yet but thought it would be nice to have a crib for the baby. My sister gave us her old toddler bed to borrow that she wasn't using anymore. Remy was very excited about the prospect of having a new room. I moved all of his toys and the toddler bed into the room. It was overall just very exciting for Remy, that is until we turned off the light or closed the door. It really didn't go very well. He was funny though he would sit in there on his little bed and play with toys. One day I hadn't heard or seen him in a while so I decided that maybe I should check on him. I opened the door and there he was on his bed surrounded by all of his books "reading" them. When he saw me he said "Hey" like I was disrupting his fun. I said, sorry and closed the door and he went back to reading his books. Such a funny little boy. He can open and close doors now much to my dismay. Luckily he hasn't figured out the child proof door knobs that I have installed around the house.
We have decided to wait on the toddler bed for now until he is at least 2 1/2. Luckily for us my sister-in-law had a crib that she isn't using anymore so now we have two baby rooms with cribs. I think it will help with having Remy still in his crib when the baby comes because he will still have his own room and things. He also hasn't figured out how to climb out of his crib so it will help me keep him contained until I am good and ready to get him out of bed.


-Remy is still all about everything puppy, balloon, or ball. He loves to go to Granny's house to play with the ball popper. He also loves to play with the mud pie kitchen that my mom has for the kids.

-He is the tooting police. If he hears himself or anyone toot he is the first to point it out and laugh. Tooters beware around our house.

-When Remy wakes up in the morning he moans to himself for a while but I know he is ready to get up when he starts saying "Ma-meee, Ma-meee" loudly.

-When asked what he is doing, it doesn't matter if it is good or bad he will answer "nothing". He must be practicing up for his teenage years.

-He loves to climb up the couch and turn on and off the lights. I did end up duck taping them down because it was driving me to the point of insanity with them flashing on and off like a strobe light.

-He likes to empty the dishwasher, mainly the cups. It doesn't matter if it is dirty or clean those cups are coming out and getting stacked. Remy will than follow me around with this giant stack of cups saying "put away" until I put them away.

-He loves to feed Chappy. Now naturally this has ended with a whole cupful of dog food spilled on the floor on more than one occasion but overall he is pretty good at it.

-If he spills anything on the floor he is really good at running to the towel drawer and bringing a towel to clean it up. He will even use the "step on it with your foot" method that I like to use. He is also a very good hand washer probably because I wash my hands 50 times a day

-He still comes to the office with me and loves to run and see "ba pa" (grandpa). He also loves to run and see the nurses. Knows right where Marilyn's smarty drawer is and makes sure to get stickers from Tess before we leave every night. He even makes sure that Tess draws a picture on his sticker before we leave. It is all in the details people, all in the details.

All in all he is my sweet little boy and a total joy to have around the house. I have been so fortunate to bring him to work with me this long and I am sure he will be a great big brother for the new baby.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you might add Dough to that list of obsessions Beckster