Thursday, January 13, 2011

My Birthday

September 22, 2010
Birthdays in our house are always quite the deal. Shaun for example has his birthday in March and starting the day after Christmas he starts asking what we are getting him for his birthday and planning for his month long of celebration. This past year I of course wanted to make sure Shaun would have a wonderful birthday so I took him to dinner and we stayed at the Destinations inn. For my birthday this year I was pregnant. Pregnancy doesn't exactly leave one with the most energy, or ideas of what one wants for a present. The idea of taking a 20 month old toddler to dinner also sounds just as romantic as getting kicked in the head. I usually end up covered in whatever is on Remy's hands, my food gets cold and something gets spilled. Shaun wanted to make it special though so we got a babysitter for our romantic dinner and he got me flowers and Florence's chocolates. We also went out to dinner with my family and Shaun's family.

Shaun wanted to get me a wonderful present but I didn't know what I wanted. I thought and thought about it and came up with the perfect idea. I wanted a food storage can roller. Shaun thought I was joking but I wasn't. I really have wanted one of those bad boys for a long time. He got me the big daddy of can rollers and also one to go in my pantry upstairs. I just can't wait to get all of my cans organized on my roller.

4 comments:

Shannon Dooley said...

Oh my gosh, that sounds like something I would ask for! It's funny how drastically what we want for our Birthdays changes when we become Mom's & wives. I begged my husband for new doors in our house for my Birthday last month, lol. Anyway, I've been waiting for an update from you! I want to know how you are feeling & to see pix of that baby bump! Hope all is well! Loves!

Anita said...

I love it! That is something I would love to have too. Unfortunately, we don't have the space for one right now. I have big dreams for my future pantry and food storage room, though. Someday.... =)

And to echo Shannon, when do we get an update on how you're doing?

Scott and Lindsey said...

That's Awesome!! What a great gift!

Anonymous said...

Beck, if you have any sense, you would have gotten more wheat for your food storage.and perhaps a round rock to gound it in case of hard times. can food goes bad, but wheat is forever.