Friday, January 14, 2011

Remy loves fun!!

December 2010

My goodness how time flies. It seems like Thanksgiving came and went before I even knew it. Luckily for me I did most of my Christmas shopping early and was ready to enjoy Thanksgiving and December footloose and fancy free. Well at least from Christmas shopping, I have been serioulsy busy nesting. We did have Thanksgiving with my family this year which was delicious as usual. I really didn't feel up to Black Friday shopping due to my current state; however, after my last Black Friday experience when I was pregnant I figured what the heck. When I was pregnant with Remy I went to Sears to get Shaun a big tool kit for Christmas. When I got there one of the workers saw a poor helpless pregnant lady standing next to the tool box. He picked it up for me. Opened a register to check me out and than carried it out to my car. I was in and out in 15 minutes it was great. I wanted to try my luck again. I totally got the best deal ever. I have been wanting a rocking chair for Christmas, not just any rocking chair but an upholstered chair with actual rockers not just a glider. There was one that I liked at Downeast outfitters but it was 400 dollars. When I went Black friday they had it on clearance for 150 bucks. Such a good deal!!! I bought it right away and have loved every minute of having it.

Along with December and November came some snow for Remy to play in. I can't say that he loves it. He actually doesn't really seem to like it. The only thing he loves about it is that we will go outside with him and throw snow balls for Chappy. This is actually one of Chappy's favorite past-times. He loves chasing them in the snow, scampering with his nose down and than digging around. Remy of course thinks this is hilarious and thinks that since Chappy loves that he must love everything thrown for him, or at him, or just thrown in general. Maybe he will be a football player or baseball pitcher. Who knows but it gets old having everything thrown around all of the time. He also has incredible accuracy. He can hit the smallest, hardest place ever for me to get something out of with ease.


Remy has been enjoying time playing with cousins. He doesn't have much of a personal bubble so of course since he likes his cousins he wants to be as close to them as possible. He was having fun with Kanden watching him play his DS. He was sitting seriously right next to him with his head and face about 2 inches from Kanden's. It was so cute, he loves being a big boy and doing big boy things even if it is just watching someone else play their DS.


Remy also had fun playing with Paxton another cousin of his. They are pretty close in age, Paxton is about 9 months older than Remy but they still have fun. Here they are in Remy's big boy room playing. They were having fun and it was so cute because it was the first time I have seen Remy actually playing and interacting rather than just following around and watching. They would go back in the room and I would hear them talking back in the room and than they would both come out to show me something. They would than mutter something to each other and go back in the room to play. They also wanted a snack so they sat up at the counter. Remy usually sits in his high chair but when he saw Paxton sitting at the bar he wanted to be a big boy too. He rarely will ever get in his high chair anymore.

December also brought about delicious treats and office parties. I have to admit that I eat way to much sugar during December because I love love love treats!!! The hard thing is that so many people bring them by the house and to our office. I'm definately not complaining in fact I love tasting all of the different things that people make. Remy has enjoyed it too. Everyday after work before we would go home he would want to grab a little treat to take in the car on the way home.
I also love Christmas parties. My office party is always fun because everyone brings a side dish and than we eat prime rib. It is a fun night of eating and chatting away from the hustle and bustle of the usual office day. I always bring Bak Lava, an office favorite. I love Bak Lava and only really make it at Christmas time so it is fun to have these treats that I only get once a year. We also went to Shaun's office party which was catered by Famous Daves. It was delicious of course.


One of Remy's favorite things to do these days is to "make dough". I attribute this to all of the baking that I did over the Christmas holidays. He spends a large amount of time in my kitchen pointing to my mixer saying "Dough, dough" and wants to make cookies. He loves to help pour the ingredients in and watch it mix them around. I never even let him eat the dough but he just loves to watch.
Remy also has become quite the dare devil. Shaun will hold him so he is standing on his chest, grab Remy by the legs, count to three and than swing him down between his legs. It is definately a dare-devil type of move and Remy loves it. He will follow Shaun around saying "deee, deee, deee" like he is counting to three. So cute.

1 comment:

Shannon Dooley said...

Remy melts my heart. He is so cute. The picture of Paxton picking his nose is funny! Before long the 9 months between them will make no difference whatsoever. Is he Ashley's son? I want to see your rocking chair. Sounds pretty! And I'm still waiting to see prego pix!!! :) Hugs friend!