Friday, January 14, 2011

Halloween 2010

I love Halloween. Growing up my family has always been big into the holiday. My mom is a great costume idea/maker. Several of my favorite halloween costumes have been my mom's in fact. She has been a belly dancer with tons of cool scarves and chime things, Sonny and Cher (my parents were both involved in that one), and of course the Elvis costume my mom made. Probably the most memorable for me and the kids in the neighborhood was when she dressed up in her full body Carhartt type jump suit, wore a mask and than when she answered the door for the trick or treaters had her leaf blower that she would fire up and blow in their faces. Needless to say I don't think much candy actually got passed out because the kids would always run away.

Last year I dressed Remy up as a football, Chappy as the Gator mascot, Shaun as the football player and me as the Gator cheerleader. This year I needed something extra cute as well so I made him a goldfish outfit. It turned out so well and was super easy and cheap to make.
This year we did many fun things. This was really the first year that Remy has been able to do much other than just sit there and look around. My mom and I went down to Provo to visit my sister and bro-in-law and their kids. We had a wonderful time and ate lots of food. We of course ate at The Bombay house which is my personal favorite and ate dessert at Chocolate and the cupcake shop. We decided to take our kids down to the Red Barn for the Halloween patch and pumpkin picking. I of course forgot my camera but we had so much fun. It started out with a Tractor pulled hayride which was fun. Than we went and got to pick out our own pumpkins. Remy had fun just wondering around through the pumpkin patch. They also had a fun little maze and those boards for the kids to take their picture with their head through the hole. Would have been really cute if I had my camera but what can I do about it now. We than ate some delicious apple cinnamon type of donuts that were so delicious.

This year Shaun and I were also the activities committee chair people and in lew of a halloween party we decided that having a donut/hot chocolate stand in the middle of the neighborhood during trick or treating would be fun. I got 8 dozen donuts and we made two huge things of hot chocolate. The donuts were gone in 30 minutes!!! I couldn't believe it. It was so fun though because people got to kind of stop and chat for a few minutes while the kids were running gleefully from house to house for candy. Remy didn't go trick or treating other than to families houses but he did love the hot chocolate. He got a cup of it and was just walking around with it saying "yummy!! yummy!!!" I don't actually think that he got very much chocolate but his goldfish costume sure did.
Shaun and I were also invited to an adult Halloween party by some of our friends. It was so much fun. Being pregnant doesn't really lend itself to many options for costumes but we decided to go with me as an angel and Shaun as the devil. I than had a sign stuck to my belly saying "the devil made me do it" It was a hit and we were voted best couple costume. There were so many other cute couples and costumes. It was really fun to have a fun evening out with friends and not kid craziness.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great costumes! Remy's is especially cute. I saw that in a magazine and thought it was darling. You did a great job with it!